Thursday, February 28, 2013

Another Baby Shower!

I have the greatest co-workers ever! Kristen, Amber, Jill and Allison threw Baby and me a Baby Shower on February 19 and it was so fun! We work in a great department of creative and generous women so I feel very lucky to have enjoyed such a sweet shower with everyone.

The shower was at Jill's house and the hostesses really went all out with the food and details. We managed to get a few pictures, but sadly we were having too much fun to remember to take one of of the hostesses! Oops ... I might still try to coerce them into snapping one at the office so we have some documentation.

I don't have pictures of it but the game we played was "Memory" where Kristen placed 25 baby items on a tray and we all got a minute or so to check everything out before having it put away and try our hand at remembering all that was on there. I blame pregnancy brain for only remembering 10 of the items! 

Onto the things we did get pictures of, here's the fun onesie decor on the mantel. All four of the hostesses have kiddos under the age of two, so I am in good company for helpful tips, advice and support for becoming a new mom.


Here is the gift table ...



The spread on the table was really great. Two vases (mason jars of course!) of flowers along with a diaper cake, Baby Hill sign and diaper basket. Laura (my boss) made the Baby Hill sign that functioned as a guest book. Everyone signed it with their well wishes and now we have some fun nursery decor and keepsake for Baby. And Allison made the lovely diaper cake that's in the center of the table. It will take me awhile before I'm willing to take it apart - for now it is cute as is in the nursery!


As for the basket of diapers, those were for everyone to sign with some "middle of the night advice" for me to read while changing those 3 a.m. diapers. My favorite message was "Tell Aaron it's his turn!"

 
And the food was over the top. Amber made this strawberry lemon truffle. Beautiful AND delicious!


And these ladies know me well because there was even Qdoba queso to enjoy! Queso has always been a weakness of mine and pregnancy hasn't decreased that. Kristen whipped up some "million dollar buns" and the punch was excellent too. 


Once I got home, I had fun setting everything out ... of course. 


Here are some close-ups. Love the bath toys, Pack n Play sheet, books, Taggies and box for special mementos.


Here's the signed sign, burp cloths, swaddle wraps and baby dishes.



More dishes, pacifier clip, diaper cake and books. Books were actually what everyone signed and gave as cards which is such a great idea! Baby will appreciate those so much more than a Baby card.


And finally, this homemade quilt from Mary will be great for lots of outings and playtime with Baby! 


It was a great way to conclude Baby's showers. Again, I work with such awesome ladies and am so appreciative of all the hostesses did to throw Baby and me such a special shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment