Monday, January 21, 2013

32 Weeks

Amidst all the nursery updates and crib hullabaloo, I forgot to mention that, oh yeah, I'm 32 weeks now! Picture was taken January 18, 2013.

Baby is the size of a squash and should be taking up permanent residence in the 'head down' position soon. We have our doctor appointment on Wednesday, January 23, so I'm anxious to hear if Baby is still cooperating. As there becomes less and less room for Baby to move around, now is the time to root for head down so he or she will stay there. While there are some things that appeal to me about a C-section (like perhaps less screaming), natural birth still wins out as my preference. I guess you pick your poison - do you want to suffer for 12 to 24 hours during labor or for 3+ weeks of surgery recovery while caring for a newborn? I say bring on the pain and 'get it over with.'



The most exciting news of 32 weeks is that I'm pretty sure I officially waddled for the first time. I am up more and more regularly in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and as I was halfway there the other night, I distinctly noticed my walking method was quite waddle-ish. I was half asleep and didn't make any efforts to change my approach, but I did roll my eyes to myself and thought, "here we go..."
I also have buckled down to face the inevitable and the unknown by finally reading the "labor and childbirth" chapter of my pregnancy book. Some of my nervousness from the 30 week mark has subsided by taking in the information, so that's good. I guess it's sometimes scarier to be in the dark so finally reading about what to expect eased my mind a little. Not to mention a few wise words from a good friend who reminded me, "We were made to do this." That might have been the most consoling thing I've heard yet - so thanks Emily! :) And really - there are billions of people on this Earth and most even have siblings, so there really is no reason I can't join the ranks as one of the people who brings them here. 2 or 3 that is ... not billions.

No comments:

Post a Comment