Thursday, October 31, 2013

7 Months Old

On October 10, Graham turned 7 months old!


He didn't disappoint in the photo shoot department. Here are a few (I'm redefining the quantity that "few" describes) of my favorites. 


 


This whole outstretched leg while sitting was new...



 I like to shake my new rattle.



Hi Dad!





Those eyes ... he's just so perfect and innocent.


Moving on to the wedding quilt shots. 




And wrapping up with a chair pic. 


 Hey, that's my name!


Milestones at the 7 month mark are: 
  • First vegetables - he had sweet potatoes on September 26. Those and carrots seem to be his favorites so far. 
  • Sleeping has regressed again. He had a bit of a cold (later officially diagnosed as bronchialitis) starting around September 22 and lasting for over a month which definitely affected his sleep. He has been up between 1 and 4 times a night for most of September and October. As much as it's of course difficult to get up in the middle of the night, I try to focus on the positives of extra snuggles with my main squeeze. While I groggily stumble to his room in the middle of the night, I'm always somehow kind of excited. Ok, excited might be a stretch. But always happy to get to comfort him when I enter the room. And boy do I appreciate that we invested in a nursery chair that reclines. Before Graham, I didn't think I could sleep in chairs. Turns out I was wrong. 
  • Graduated from his soothie pacifiers from the hospital and now uses big boy Nuk pacis. He likes to play with the handle and take it out of his mouth to look at it now. Not quite capable of putting it back in correctly. 
  • Spits up MUCH less than before. It's pretty much a non-issue at this point which is a welcomed change. 
  • Slept with a loose blanket for the first time. I am such a chicken that it took me this long to allow it. He does just fine... 
  • First stroller ride without the car seat. 
  • Started eating solids at daycare - not just at home. 
  • Started eating "puffs" at daycare. I still haven't given them at home. I need to take the baby CPR class before offering him anything remotely solid. See chicken note above... 
  • Started going to bed earlier. Bedtime is about 7:30 now. 
  • Started swaddling arms again. Graham has experimented with rolling onto his tummy and side and after a few nights of that between 5 and 6 months, he has settled back to his back and prefers it. We started swaddling the arms again - a call we made at 3 a.m. (when all good decisions are made) when he'd woken himself up multiple times. It seems to help a little and keep him comfortable. If only I could say it was the magic ticket to perfect sleep. Ha!
  • First plane ride! On October 10 we flew to Phoenix for Uncle Derek and Aunt Tina's wedding. Stay tuned for details on the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment