Sunday, April 21, 2013

6 Weeks Old (April 7 - 21)

Graham is 6 weeks old today! Here are a few pictures of what we've been up to for the last two weeks.

There has been quality time with Millie.



which Graham is pretty relaxed about. 



A night at the brewery. The Moby wrap worked great for getting around. 


More bottles and burps with dad. All is calm here...


And then check out this action shot!


Snuggles with mom. 



And Aaron and I enjoyed our first night OUT while Grandma and Grandpa Hill babysat. We went to Indian Palace and Bar Nine with Robyn and Brandon. Home by 10:00 and it felt great! 


Graham was in good hands and didn't seem to miss us at all.


Bright eyes.... 

Passed out... 


More resting...


Just chilling


And more time in the bathroom



Fresh and clean in his personalized towel from the Veseys. 



The Moby wrap is magical....guaranteed sleeping every time. I took advantage and even made some "cinnamon swirl bread" with Graham in this. First time I've cooked or baked anything since he was born. We've been a tad spoiled with gifts of food from friends and family. 


On Wednesday, April 10, Graham turned 1 month! I'm going to try to keep up on documenting his monthly milestones. And I can't decide which method is best, so there are a few options.

Option 1: New fabric each month


Option 2: On our wedding quilt


Option 3: On the recliner with his personalized blanket


Annnnnnd....Graham is over it. 



So I'll attempt some sort of combination each month. Hopefully I keep up on all of them! 

On Saturday, April 13, Graham made his first trip to the zoo for Norah Hardy's 3rd birthday party. Since the weather is still garbage here, we spent the day inside, entertained by the carousel. I'm sure Graham will LOVE this in no time. In the meantime, mom and dad took a spin and had a blast! 







On Tuesday, April 16, Dad and Jan came to visit.



As you can see from these pictures, Graham is having no trouble growing. We went to the "Nurturing Connections" group at Sanford on Wednesday, April 17 and Graham officially weighed 12.2 pounds. Such a big boy!! I love how big his belly is in this next picture.


Then on Thursday, Graham and I made our first road trip together. We went to Fergus Falls to visit Mindy and meet her and Titus's new little guy, Leif! I think the boys played very well together and started off a lifelong friendship on the right foot.

 
 
On Friday, Graham and I met up with friends Erin Welle and Baby Declan for a walk at Family Wellness. Graham is becoming a regular. And I take way too many pictures of him in his car seat, but I just couldn't resist the way his cheeks were resting on his shoulder...



Oh, and ok. Here are a few more in the car seat ...


These were taken while Aaron and I enjoyed the fine dining of HiHo on Friday night. Graham had a good time watching us eat but eventually got bored and fell asleep. 


Saturday was "Manadatory Mama Day" (required by Aaron; named by me). He's been busy with school and gone a few nights so he sent me away on Saturday to get a massage and relax. It was a great day! I had a massage in the morning and then shopped a little before enjoying lunch at Nichole's in downtown Fargo. But being reunited with Graham and Aaron was a great way to end the day!


Saturday night we went to a surprise 30th birthday party at the Green Mill (for Baby Declan's dad, Matt). Graham did a great job meeting lots of new people!


At 4 weeks old, we officially moved Graham to his crib downstairs and we've all been doing great with the arrangement! The video monitor is worth every penny and makes it easy to keep an eye on Graham from upstairs. And he (and we) have been sleeping better since moving him out of our room. He's been sleeping about 4 to 5 hours at a time at night. But this weekend it got even better (I hope I'm not jinxing it by saying (typing) it out loud. On Friday night he slept for 6 hours straight. Then on Saturday night he actually slept for 8 hours! I couldn't believe it. I still woke up around 4:00 a.m. and thought I would hear him cry soon. But when I woke up again, it was 6:30 and he was just waking up for the first time since 10:30! I credit the new onesie (from Aunt Chelsey) that he slept in that night. If it really is magical, you can believe he'll be sleeping in it every night and we'll cut the feet out when he gets too tall for it! :)





With all of us well-rested, we got into our Sunday best and headed to church the next morning. 



Then Grandma came over and helped the little man fall fast asleep. 


And I don't know how it took this long, but Millie has discovered Graham's chair



So that's what we've been up to lately. Until next time ...



No comments:

Post a Comment