Wednesday, May 15, 2013

First Mother's Day

Thanks to cute little Graham, I celebrated my first Mother's Day this year! And lucky me, I actually got to celebrate twice due to a scheduling oops with Aaron's new full-time role with the brewing company. Here's the conversation that caused that: 

Aaron: Does May 11 - 17 work for me to go to Portland for a Fargo Brewing trip? 
Brianne: Yep, looks good to me
Neither of us: Wait, May 12 is Mother's Day and we have a baby now so we should be together for that holiday. 

Oops. 

But it's all good because we celebrated early as a family of 4 (Millie counts) and then I celebrated with Graham's grandmas on Sunday. 

So our "Make-up Mother's Day" took place the Tuesday before M Day and it was great. Aaron, Graham, Millie and I traveled to Maplewood State Park for some R&R. It was a beautiful spring day and we had the park to ourselves so that was really fun. Here's Graham and me at the top of an overlook. We will have to travel back this fall as I imagine that backdrop gets a lot more awesome that time of year.



Sorry for making you look into the sun, son.


The trek up to the overlook was the first time we put our stroller to the test. Passed with flying colors!


Such a beautiful day with my favorite boys and favorite puppy.



Then on actual Mother's Day, mom and I went to church together and then out to breakfast. That afternoon we headed over to the Hills for a barbeque.

Here's Graham, Grandma and me on actual Mother's Day.


And here is Grandma Sue, me, Graham and Grandma Ange. It was such a great day with our little man and (almost) all the people that love him so much! He is lucky to have such wonderful Graham-mas in his life!


No comments:

Post a Comment